Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Crash and Burn-Live and Learn

Catchy title, eh? 

Sunday was a fabulous day. Janean and I took our bicycles out to Smithville Lake, they have put in several miles of great trails that are worth checking out, and rode about 11 miles. Less than 4 miles in there was a bit of a problem though, I crashed. Not your typical fall off the bike crash, but the kind where I didn't have enough for breakfast crash. Good to know for Sunday's "big" ride. I had a bowl of cereal and an english muffin, I knew to get a hotdog while we were at the gas station, but I just didn't feel like it. It was ugly, I took up a lot of time just sitting there eating a clif bar and drinking all of the water. Then Janean had the nerve to say, "you have bodily limitations." Man, what a jerk, I'll show her bodily limitations. I'm not really sure what I mean by that, I just need to work on distance stuff more, you know, train this old body and stuff. Maybe at Sunday's bike ride I can score one of the jerseys for the diabetics and steal their snacks. After nearly swacking some deer and squirrels, we made it half way and ate some beef jerky. We rested for a few minutes, then headed back. The ride back was much better. 

I can't wait til I have a real bike and some of those sweet bars that stick out the front so I can relax a bit (the point of the photo). There were a few tricky hills, but we somehow made it all the way back to the truck and felt really good about the whole ordeal. I'm really excited to do more "long" weekend rides this summer.


4 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

Smithville can be killer depending on which trails you pick. We usually ride two trails that hook up and it's about 19 miles one way. It's such an amazing feeling when I ride it round trip!

Brittany said...

I can't even begin to imagine what "body limitations" I have....sigh.

Brittany said...

FOUND ONE....my butt.

We have been riding our bikes and my butt is not a fan. Nope. I want a BIG FAT SEAT next summer. Even one off of a desk chair would work.

Just sayin.

Brittany said...

By the way...where have you been?

Miss the posts.