Monday, June 1, 2009

Slippery When Wet

I've been MIA and give my apologies. I know everyone is checking in everyday and facing some serious disappointment when they see I've not posted anything new.

My exercising had been dwindling to only a couple of times a week, that's the truth. Mostly bike rides, some running. Now that it's warming up, we are going to the lake quite a bit (3 out of the last 4 weekends) which means I'm getting to swim again. I'm pretty excited about that. But there seems to be a problem.

I've somehow injured my foot. I can't think of anything that I did that would have caused it to hurt so stinking much. It started a little over a week ago, right under my big toe near the first "knuckle". It would go away then come back several hours later for a few hours at a time. It wasn't too big of a deal, but over the course of last week it started hurting a ton, more in the arch and stuff. On Saturday I was swimming, with a 4 year old (thank goodness we had life vests on), and it cramped up so bad my foot looked weird and I could hardly move even my leg. My toes were all stuck in funny positions and stuff. I've tried wearing different shoes, but none of that has helped. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or what I can do to help it heal? Staying off of my feet and resting is out of the question, lucky for me, I still have a job, for now.

The Tour De Cure is in 2 weeks and I sure want this awful pain to be gone for it.

No comments: