Monday, April 6, 2009

Shouldn't it be Getting WARMER?!


I biked today, it was snowing... I cannot express how irritated I am with the weather the last couple of weeks. I had to get all bundled up and look/ feel ridiculous. Any other day I wouldn't have gone due to the "extreme cold," but I had to. It's April for goodness sakes, cold shouldn't be an excuse anymore. 

I took the jogging trail assuming it wouldn't be crowded, I was mostly right. There were a couple of people letting their dogs run around on 30' leashes, probably with the same theory I had about no one being around to bother. I did ride on the road for one side of the park. I came upon a bunch of cars stopped waiting for their little riders to get out of school. There was a bit of a traffic jam with the people trying to get through. So I did what any bad ass in my situation would do and I cut through the muddy grass. I bet I looked super tough and they were all jealous.

Friday I biked and swam. Swimming is a lot harder after biking 3.5 miles, but overall it went well.

Saturday was the exciting part. Janean and I went running, scratch that, we went jogging... We ran the first mile in under 10 minutes. No stopping or anything. As we left, Janean said we had to, but I told her she'd be running without me, but no, I made it. I haven't ran a mile in that kind of time since middle school, I'm not exaggerating. 

For the most part, things are going really well. It's really exciting to actually be getting results. I just hope I can stay motivated. Oh, and I'm going to start some light dumbbell strength training this week. 

One more thing... Janean's mother signed us up for a 5k for the Good Samaritan Center. How exciting right? Ha, it's the 18th of this month and she signed us up to race. 

No comments: