Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Back... Mostly

After some close encounters with anaphylactic shock, I'm all better. Don't worry, I'm exaggerating, there was a pretty good chance though. And by all better, I mean the infection is mostly gone, but the allergies are still trying to get the best of me. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THOUGH!

Sunday Janean and I ran the Penguin Run. It was really nice having someone suffer with me. It went pretty well. I somehow managed to sprain my side. I can't figure out how I could have accomplished this while running, maybe I sneezed while doing it? So that put me out of service for another full day. 

Yesterday I did some basic strength training, push ups, lunges... ooh, and I used a weight with my crunches, I'm feeing it in my abs today. It's amazing what missing one stupid week can do. I did the normal amount of lunges and my thighs are absolutely killing me.

Today I went around and around our neighborhood ten times (3.4 miles). The neighbors probably thought I was ridiculous, but really I was waiting for Janean to get home because we were going to dinner. The dogs of the 'hood loved it though. They would wait for me at their fences and run with me and bark at me, I think they had a real nice time.

Tomorrow I will be swimming again, and running, it will be fun. Oh yes, I said fun, and I can't wait. 

For now, it's off to math I go...

No comments: