Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tooting My Own Horn


I ran the whole Penguin Run (1.51 miles) today with only a few steps of walking!  Goose ran with me. We ran it in 14:39. I did not picture being able to run that far so soon, I'm pumped.  I may have walked more if he hadn't been there (Goose is the big dog, by the way). He kept us going at a pretty steady pace although a couple of times I had to make him go a little faster. That's probably why he wouldn't let us walk. He seemed to like it even though he got pretty hot. We keep wanting to get them haircuts, but the new trend is cold and snowy on the weekends.

I finished "Smart Girls Do Dumbbells" and did some strength training with some 5 pound dumbbells today. It was okay, a bit awkward, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Now I'm going to have to buy a weight bench.
 
Speaking of buying things, there's a chance I'm going to be laid off. Which makes me nervous that I won't have insurance, which would mean I wouldn't be able to do the triathlon. Which would be a bunch of crap. Hopefully things don't come to that though, although rumor has it. 

No comments: