Thursday, March 5, 2009

Here it Goes

So, I don't write well, and I am the opposite of creative? So why am I doing this? Because it's easier to figure this out than facebook AND anyone can come along and see this and join the cause.

Cause? Who said anything about a cause? Oh yeah, there's a cause.

As most of you know, Janean is a type I diabetic. I'm not going to get into too much detail about what that means, google it if you want to know more. But she's important to me and there is a lot of progress to be made. So the cause? Oh yeah, Tour de Cure!

It's a race, on bicycles and we're going to do it. Because of the short amount of time between now and the race, June 14th, we're going to do the short one this year. It's 10 miles.

Now the purpose... We're creating a team. The team hasn't actually been made yet for a couple of reasons. Number one, I'm not creative. We need a name. Number two, I'd like to know about how many people would join our team before I set our goal.

So... email me, call me, send me a post card or a text message, let me know that you're in and that you will be on our team! There's a pretty good chance that someone you know has diabetes, do it for them. Never mind the fact that this is a great opportunity to get out and get fit!

No comments: