Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm Like a Machine or Something!


So I worked 8+ hours everyday this past week with the exception of Monday. I was up late every night, which resulted in not getting up until 10ish every morning. Leaving little time between coffee, breakfast and getting to work. All I did at home, as far as I remember, were crunches and pushes everyday. I was headed to the gym Thursday before work, already running late, and realized I'd forgotten my towel (I did make it one other day I guess). To the point... Every day at work I did different weird things (FYI: I walk for a living) trying to get a work out. I ran around (don't tell, I'll be in big trouble), I squatted (I'm totally nearing "dropping it like it's hot" capabilities) and did TONS of stretching. I didn't actually think it was doing much for me though. Then tonight, even after walking all around North Kansas City (Snake Saturday Parade), I was like, man I really need to do some real exercising. I told Janean that until she came up with something to do and it was time to go, I was "running" on the elliptical machine. 4 miles and 36 minutes later, I decided I should probably stop before I turn into Forrest Gump. Then I did some silly boxing/ dancing to the hip hop channel with some little hand weights. I'm not gonna lie, I feel pretty flippin' awesome now. It was so much easier than before, which goes to show all of my "working out at work" talk is not a bunch of crap. Oh ho ho doubters!

Don't forget to check us out! TOUR DE CURE!!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Great job Lippy!

What have I done lately? I....hmmm.....well.....I finally got about an hour of work in after being on the couch for several days.

Where do you find this energy?!

Lippy said...

Ha... I don't really find the energy. Throughout the work day, it comes in tiny spurts. It's kind of like waiting for a solar eclipse. You wait and wait, then it comes and you see it, then it's gone again. I get long awful periods of being uber tired. People look at me and say, "are you okay?" They feel sorry for me thinking it's because I'm a student and a worker, it's not that at all, I'm just broken. That's part of the reason I'm doing this, to have more energy. Last night, even though I was tired, I got on the elliptical machine anyways and I just didn't stop. Then, I had so much energy I could hardly stand it. I was running around the house like a madman, dancing and singing, and pretty much just acting a fool. I wish I could always have that energy (on a lesser scale), that's a big part of my motivation. And that now I have people "watching" me like whatever that movie was.

Enough rambling from me...