Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Suspense Had Been Killing Us!

Today I biked my two mile "I'm a Beginner" route, I wanted to do more but I was short on time. It went really well, I didn't get nearly as tired and I ended up with my fastest time yet, 10:45. 

That's not even the good part though. I went to the gym after my bike ride and straight to the pool. It was quite the mess trying to do my "aqua jogging" warm up. Not only was the annoying man there (who is getting much nicer), but it was like "Kid's Day at the K" (the 'k' is Kauffman Stadium, home of the Royals). Kids were every where and very bumpy. And looked at me like they were unsure if I was there to join them or the seniors, ha. I jogged a few laps, then went to the lap lane with my new goggles. Then I did just what I was told to do by the article online. It was awesome! So much easier than ever before. I ended up swimming 200 yards. I was pretty out of breath by the end, but I probably could have done a few more laps. I didn't want to push it though. I was wrong about where I got the info, it wasn't YouTube, although I did watch several videos. The really helpful one was "How to Swim Freestyle" written by a pretty awesome summer camp swim instructor. You should definitely check it out, hopefully it's as beneficial to others as it was to me.


3 comments:

Brittany said...

Ok, so I know I am not always bright but...what suspense?????

BTW: Should I be offended that you are not a follower of my blog?!??!

Anyway, how's the workouts going???

Brittany said...

or how ARE the workouts going.

So grammar was never my thing either..

Lippy said...

Oh yes... The suspense! We were all wondering how learning to swim via the internet was going to work out for me!

No, no, don't be offended. Actually, you probably should be. I am so slow. I have intended to, and I will before this day is over. Assuming there's a button I click that is obvious to me.