Monday, March 9, 2009

Not My Strongest Moment


The good news is that this week is spring break! Unfortunately I have to work this time. 

The bad news is that today is kind of stinking. I was a lazy girl most of the weekend, in terms of exercising. Saturday was so busy, a baby shower and 2 birthday parties, I was barely even home. Then yesterday daylight savings time messed me all up, I was getting up late as it was. We started working on the basement, and before I knew it, it was late and I'd had a couple of margaritas. I did end up doing some crunches though. 

Today was crummy from the start. I snoozed all stinking morning, got to work right on time, stayed for an hour and came back home. I was up all night with a stomach ache and I was exhausted. That's plenty of whining and crying...

Today it was pretty cold out. I was suppose to ride my bike, but instead I ran on the elliptical machine for about 15 minutes which ended up being about 1.1 miles. Then I did strength training on Wii Fit for 30 minutes. The funniest thing has happened on there, my trainer is growing his hair out. It's so silly. When I first saw it, I laughed and laughed. He keeps it back in a little ponytail and it's just hilarious, mostly because a video game character grew out its hair, ha. I also did about 15 minutes of yoga, on Wii Fit. It doesn't sound like much, but I did nearly everyone of them.

I started registering for the triathlon today (it's August 1st), but realized that you have to have an estimated time for swimming 500 yards. Ha! 500 yards?! My training plan doesn't have me going that far until week 11. Should I train a bit harder so that I can have a good idea of my time soon enough to not miss out? I'm going to say yes. 

I'm waiting for Janean to get home, hoping she'll go with me to the gym where I'll pop on a bike and swim. Swimming is going to be fun, I get to try out the silly video I watched on youtube and see if it helped. I'll have to break down and get an instructor before this is over with.

Speaking of swimming! My shoes and goggles came today! Woo hoo!

One more thing... Don't forget why I really started this whole blogging thing! To get people to ride with us at Tour de Cure (click it!!!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lippy, not sure if swimming is like running, but I'm guessing it is somewhat in principle. Please be careful not to overtrain, or push yourself too hard or you'll wind up injured and unable to do the triathalon. RE: your swim time: Maybe just do some sort of pace estimator? Or set a goal time, and put that on your registration?
I know I sound like a freak, but you don't want your efforts de-railed by injury.

LES

Brittany said...

I wish I could sound smart about any of this but unless it deals with child rearing, cleaning or being an obnoxious evangelical conservative....I'm not your gal!

So I say...ditto to what Les said.

Anonymous said...

I knew somehow I could catch you agreeing with me Brittany!
LES